coreboot version 4.4 has been released, which includes 850 commits by 90 authors added 59000 lines to the codebase since their last quarterly release. This release includes OpenPOWER support and experimental U-Boot payload support. It also has an Intel ME tool which is new (at least to me). There are many other changes, excerpting their announcement:
* Build system (30 commits) – Add postcar stage, ‘timeless’ builds, extend site-local, test toolchain by version string, update dependencies, catch ACPI errors, l add additional macros.
* Toolchain updates (40+ patches) – Update IASL to v20160318 , LLVM to v3.7.1, add GNU make, add nds32le GCC compiler
* Lint tools (30 patches) – Update existing lint utilities, add lint tests for executable bit, make sure site-local isn’t committed, add test to break all lint tests.
* Payloads (60 commits) – Fixes for libpayload, coreinfo and nvramcui, add new payloads, see below.
* Maintainers file – (8 patches) – continue adding maintainers for various areas.
* Documentation for adding Intel FSP-based platforms (20 commits)
* depthcharge: For ChromeOS verified boot
* iPXE: For network booting
* Memtest86+: Updated with fixes for correctly testing coreboot with payloads
* U-Boot (Experimental): Alternate payload for booting an OS
New vendorcode directories:
* 3rdparty/arm-trusted-firmware (329 commits)
* 3rdparty/vboot (28 commits)
* util/nvidia/cbootimage (13 commits)
* archive – Concatenates files into a single blob with an indexed header
* chromeos – Download and extract blobs from a ChromeOS image
* futility – vboot Firmware utility
* intelmetool – Shows information about the Intel ME on a platform.
* marvell/doimage_mv – No usage notes
* post – Simple utility to test post cards