OpenBSD 5.9 has been released. There are a few firmware-related improvements in this release, such as:
* New efifb(4) driver for EFI frame buffer.
* amd64 can now boot from 32 bit and 64 bit EFI.
* Initial support for hardware reduced ACPI added to acpi(4).
* New asmc(4) driver for the Apple System Management Controller.
* New dwiic(4) driver for the Synopsys DesignWare I2C controller.
* Support for ACPI configured SD host controllers has been added to sdhc(4).
* The sdmmc(4) driver now supports sector mode for eMMC devices, such as those found on some BeagleBone Black boards.
* The ipmi(4) driver now supports OpenIPMI compatible character device.