Nikolaj has been rewriting his suite of UEFI tools, so they are no longer dependent on the Qt framework, and uses his new engine “NE” tag. UEFITool (UT NE) no longer requires Qt. UEFIExtract (UE) no longer requires Qt. UEFIFind (UF) still requires Qt, and will be ported later. UEFIDump (UD) is a new tool! Described below. Extract of release notes:
UT NE A30 | UE 0.12.0 | UD 0.1.0
Almost no new features, but massive changes under the hood:
* engine (classes from /common) can now be build without Qt.
* added support for very rare Apple-specific images.
* fixed some quirks with report generation.
* UT and UE binaries rebuilt to include updated engine code.
* UEFIDump utility released, it’s a PoC analog of UEFIExtract, that generates the same report and dumps all leaf items into one .dump folder without hierarchy, “_%03d” suffix is added for duplicated items. The tool is an example of Qt-less engine usage.
* UEFIFind will be ported to non-Qt engine a bit later.