Michael Kinney of Intel has created an edk2-test branch, to focus on testing!
I am creating a new branch in edk2-staging called edk2-test. The purpose of this branch is to develop a test harness, test case SDK, and library of test cases that can be used as part of edk2 validation. The initial version of this test harness is compatible with binary releases of the PI SCTs and UEFI SCTs, are native edk2 packages with no dependencies on the EdkCompatibilityPkg, and the test harness runs using the latest version of the UEFI Shell.
Additional work items:
* Update to take advantage of latest edk2 features/libraries.
* Update for all supported CPU types
* Update for all supported compilers
* Review initial test harness features and determine what features should be dropped and what new features should be added.
* Determine where the test harness, test case SDK, and test cases should live once the initial functional and quality criteria are met. Could be packages in the edk2 repo or packages in a new edk2-test repo. Other options???
* Resolve compatibility issues with binary releases of the PI SCTs and UEFI SCTs.
* Update test harness to support PEI tests
* Update test harness to support Runtime tests
* Update test harness to support SMM tests
* Optimize performance of the test harness and tests.
On the EDK2-Devel mailing list, Michael Kinney of Intel has started a new EDK2 wiki page on UEFI Capsule-Based-Firmware Update/Recovery. Capsule Updates are how UEFI-based firmware updates itself.
Draft of documentation for Signed Capsule Feature:
I have started a draft of Wiki pages that describe how to use and verify the Signed Capsule feature from Jiewen Yao. I have focused this first draft on the system firmware update use case for signed capsules. Please review this content and provide feedback. I will work on the remaining 3 signed capsule use cases while the content for this fist use case is reviewed. I plan to add this content to the edk2 Wiki once the reviews are completed.
Michael Kinney of Intel posted the V2 RFC for the EDK2 Platform Proposal, dealing with how to deal with repos and branches. Outline of changes and problem statement excerpted below, see the full proposal for much more details.
Changes from V1:
* edk2-platform is not a fork of edk2.
* edk2-platforms branches contain CPU, Chipset, SoC, and platform specific packages
* edk2-plaforms/master contains all open platforms that are synced with edk2/master.
* Each edk2-platforms branch may support many platforms (not just one)
* Use PACKAGES_PATH to do builds using packages from multiple repositories
* Update edk2-platforms branch naming to clearly identify platforms that are considered stable and platforms that are under active development.
* edk2 developers may be required to verify platforms in edk2-platforms builds as part of test criteria. Especially platforms that are intended to be used with edk2/master in edk2-platforms/stable-* branches.
Problem statement: Need place on tianocore.org where platforms can be maintained by the EDK II community. This serves several purposes:
* Encourage more platforms sources to be shared earlier in the development process
* Allow platform sources to be shared that may not yet meet all edk2 required quality criteria
* Allow platform source to be shared so the EDK II community may choose to help finish and validate
* Allow more platforms to be used as part of the edk2 validation and release cycle.
* Not intended to be used for bug fixes.
For more information, see the archives of the firstname.lastname@example.org list.
The Intel Quark support in the UEFI Forum’s public EDK-II has been updated to support Trustworthy Computing Group’s TPM-based Measured Boot. For more information, see the patch thread on the edk2-devel mailing list.
QuarkPlatformPkg: Add MEASURED_BOOT_ENABLE feature
Add MEASURED_BOOT_ENABLE flag
Add TPM_12_HARDWARE flag
Add TrEEConfigPei to detect TPM 1.2 hardware device
Use Tpm12DeviceLib instance for Atmel I2C TPM
Use Tpm12DeviceLib instance for Infineon I2C TPM
Add TcgPei and TcgDxe modules for TPM 1.2 support
Clean up TpmMeasurementLib mappings